Ideas Hub July Round-up
In case you missed them the first time around, here’s a round-up of all the stories posted on the Ideas Hub in July:
- Video: Community development by the people
A TED Talk by Cormac Russell illustrating July’s Idea of the Month – which is adopting a ‘by the people’, assets-based approach to community development.
- Report: 21st Century Children Centres
A review of The Innovation Unit’s report 21st Century Children Centres, which explores how co-production and community building might be applied to Children Centres in the future.
- Case study: Community engagement in Craigroyston
A look back at the Total Craigroyston project, which empowered an Edinburgh community by producing the Craigroyston Roadmap – an instruction manual for how to improve the area created by local people.
- Report: Walking the Talk – Blurring the lines between work and home
Helen Sharp reflects on her experience training community development workers in the approach of Asset Based Community-driven Development.
- Case study: Dunraven School – Student Engagement Department
We take a look at the assets-based approach to developing a school community taken by Dunraven Secondary School.
- Interview: Mohamed Abdallah, Dunraven Secondary School
An interview touching on how a strengths-based approach can engage students and change lives.
- Case studies: Delivering differently in neighbourhoods
We discuss three case studies from the Delivering differently in neighbourhoods community development programme.
- Report: Head, hands and heart: asset-based approaches in health
A look at Head, hands and heart: asset-based approaches in health care, a report published by The Health Foundation.